About a month ago I put some mesh around the grow table to keep the cat off of the greens. Quille was happy because she was no longer banished to the kitchen during the day, greens were safe, but grow table was hard to access. So with the help of some furring strips, we made a frame for the mesh and doors! Now the grow table looks super great and is easy to get in and out of! Check it out:
|finished table with doors!|
I'm going to start some new vegetable seeds today as well, planting some of the varieties that died when they got too hot in week 3. Although my vegetables are growing REALLY slowly, I want to see which ones eventually fruit with the available light. It is likely that none of the vegetables I am growing now (except greens and herbs) will be harvestable during the project, but, lets face it: with a grow table like that, I'm committed.